Some Common Health Conditions Treated By CBD Oil’s
Are you looking to find out more about CBD? We’ll help you learn the facts, and what you need to know.
There are many health benefits associated with a regular intake of CBD, but is it actually healthy for your body?
Let’s find out how much truth there is behind these rumors. Read on as we explore the positive effects that can be derived from the use of CBD oil.
The first thing you should know about CBD is that it’s not psychoactive like marijuana or hashish. This means that if you use this oil regularly, you won’t experience any euphoric effects when you consume it. Instead, you will feel relaxed and calm.
If you’re new to using CBD products, you might be wondering whether you really need them at all. The fact is that while the drug war has been going on for quite some time now, the truth is that cannabis has never caused more harm than good. In fact, its medicinal value far exceeds its recreational one.
Even though the government has tried hard to ban it, cannabis remains one of the most commonly used drugs in the world today. CBD oil, however, is completely legal, so even if you live in a state where cannabis isn’t allowed, you can still legally buy it online.
You don’t necessarily have to take CBD oil orally (although it’s preferred), so you can also make it into edibles. Just remember that if you decide to do this, you should always consult a doctor before consuming anything containing CBD oil. If you want to try CBD oil, you can either purchase it online directly from a company or through an authorized dealer. These dealers usually sell different types of CBD tinctures, topicals, capsules, vape cartridges, and oils.
How Does CBD Work?
As mentioned earlier, CBD is totally safe to use. It doesn’t cause any side effects whatsoever. But how does it work? The short answer is that it works by interacting with our endocannabinoid system.
Our bodies produce their own cannabinoids called endo-cannabinoids, which are responsible for regulating various physiological processes within our bodies. For example, they keep us alert by making us drowsy, and they regulate immune function, among other things.
Now, when we say that CBD interacts with our endocannabinoid system, we mean that it binds to receptors within our cells. Once bound, it triggers a series of biochemical reactions that lead to several therapeutic outcomes.
Some of the main health benefits of CBD are listed below:
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects – Research suggests that CBD can decrease inflammation in the human body. As such, it can reduce symptoms associated with chronic pain conditions such as arthritis or fibromyalgia.
- Antioxidant Properties – CBD contains powerful antioxidant properties, which makes it great for protecting our cells against free radicals. Free radicals are harmful molecules that can damage the DNA in our cells. Free radicals play an important role in aging, and thus, CBD can slow down the process.
- Neuroprotective Properties – CBD possesses neuroprotective properties, meaning that it protects brain cells from degeneration. Scientists believe that CBD can protect neurons in the hippocampus region of the brain, which helps improve overall memory retention.
- Anxiety Relief – When consumed orally, CBD is believed to relieve anxiety by increasing levels of serotonin in the brain, which leads to a feeling of relaxation and well-being. However, you shouldn’t expect a full-on cure for anxiety overnight because CBD takes some time to start working.
What Are Some Health Conditions That Can Be Treated With CBD Oil?
With just a little bit of research, you can easily find out exactly which medical conditions are being treated using CBD oil.
Here are some examples of how this product is being used to treat certain illnesses:
- Cancer – While studies are still ongoing, preliminary research shows promising results regarding the use of CBD as an anticancer agent. For instance, scientists found that CBD interferes with the production of cancerous tumor cells, leading to reduced tumor size and improved survival rates in mice. Another study revealed that CBD also decreased metastasis (the spread of cancer) by inhibiting angiogenesis, thus preventing tumors from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Diabetes – One of the best known uses of CBD oil is for treating diabetes. Studies show that CBD can prevent the development of type 2 diabetes in people who already have it. And in other cases, it can restore blood sugar balance in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Schizophrenia – There is a growing amount of evidence supporting the use of CBD oil for improving schizophrenia symptoms. Clinical trials conducted so far suggest that CBD is effective at reducing psychotic episodes and improving cognitive functions in schizophrenic patients.
- Dementia – Since CBD oil is a non-psychoactive substance, it doesn’t carry any of the negative side effects associated with other anti-psychotic medications. This allows sufferers to remain relatively functional and mentally stable after receiving treatment.
- Epilepsy – According to a recent study published in the Journal of Psychopharmacology, CBD can effectively reduce seizures in children with epilepsy. Other clinical studies show that CBD oil may also be useful in managing intractable childhood epilepsy.
- Multiple Sclerosis – A study published in 2013 showed that CBD was able to reduce spasticity in multiple sclerosis patients without causing any adverse side effects.
- Parkinson’s Disease – Several studies show that CBD oil is effective at treating movement disorders associated with Parkinson’s disease. It’s also believed to reduce the severity of motor symptoms associated with the condition and promote overall quality of life.
- Fibromyalgia – People suffering from fibromyalgia experience widespread pain throughout their body, especially in the muscles, joints, and tendons. CBD oil is often prescribed to treat this condition, since it reduces muscle spasms and improves sleep quality.
- Alzheimer’s Disease – CBD oil has shown promise in slowing the progression of Alzheimer’s disease. Preliminary research indicates that CBD can bind to proteins implicated in the onset of the disease and inhibit their activities, thereby providing protection to nerve cells. Further studies are needed to confirm these findings.
- Addiction – Researchers found that CBD inhibits the release of dopamine in the brain, which could explain why it is effective in treating addiction to substances such as cocaine, morphine, and alcohol. However, additional studies are required to confirm this theory.
Here in the above paragraphs we have stated about some common health conditions which can be easily treated with the help of some of the best cbd oil. People can easily use them in these health conditions if they ever see any of them in themselves. But we would suggest you to take these cbd oils under the guidance of a professional doctor.